Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Mermin Book 3 Announced, Previewed + More

It's been a while since my last news update!  Sorry about that, I've been hard at work on the next Mermin volume, and haven't had a chance to post any news.  A few items have piled up in the last few months, so here's a bit of a catch-up.  First of all, speaking of the new Mermin book...
http://tragic-planet.com/Other/ANGRYMermin.jpg
Mermin Book 3: Deep Dive was recently announced by Oni Press for September this year!
Joey Weiser’s all-ages hero, the prodigal merman returns! No one knows much about Mer, the underwater kingdom where Mermin the merman was born, but due to a rising conflict with the people of Atlantis, Mermin is needed back home immediately. Which means that his human friends get to accompany him and see all the aquatic wonders of Mer. But once again, Mermin is tight-lipped about his past – even when it’s swimming right in front of him. And there are enemies lurking in the seedier depths of Mer, who’ve got their sights set not only on Mermin, but on Pete and his friends!
If you'd like to see more, Comics Alliance has a 6-page preview of the book!  This is very exciting for me.  I've been working hard to get this book out as soon as possible.

http://tragic-planet.com/Other/spongebob31.jpg
Also, SpongeBob Comics #31 will be in stores April 9!  I wrote a story in this issue and designed the cover!  I'm glad a lot of the little details in my sketch were carried through in the final art.  So look out for that!  Click on the image above to take a closer look!  Can you find all of the SpongeBob references?

At the end of last year, I filled in for a few weeks on David Mack's comic strip, A Round Town.   David compiled all my strips into one spot on his Tumblr!  The strip is about living in Athens, GA.  Since David does his every week, it ends up more like a journal comic, but I took the opportunity to just write about a few things I like about living in Athens. 

Finally, I'd like to direct your attention to a really great review of Bezoar 1 & 2 on Panel Patter.  I think the work in Bezoar is really strong, and I'm happy to see it get some attention online.  I'm proud of the issue I edited, and the review says some very sweet things about my stories in both issues.  Bezoar 1, 2, and our Dungeons & Dragons art zine Explictica are all on sale at the (newly revamped) Little House store!

That's all the news I'll post about for now.  I'll be at the FLUKE Mini-Comics & Zine Festival on April 19th.  If you live in the Athens, GA area, you should definitely check it out.  I have a few other things to update the site with and I'm still putting the finishing touches on Mermin 3, but hopefully I can post again soon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home