Thursday, June 5, 2014

HeroesCon + One Piece Podcast Interview

http://tragic-planet.com/Other/SketchGodzilla.jpg
I'll be at HeroesCon in Charlotte, NC June 20-22!  As usual, I'll be part of Indie Island, table AA-1118, right next to Brad McGinty!  At Heroes, I sell ink drawings, about 5.5"x7", for $10!  Check out some examples from the past few years!  If you'd like to commission me beforehand, either for a $10 drawing, or to discuss buying original pages or custom commissions, please email me at joey@tragic-planet.com  I've got some premade drawings from the past few years, as well as most of the originals of the Kaijuphabet series for sale as well.  And, of course, I'll have the first two volumes of Mermin, as well as my other graphic novels and mini-comics.  See you there!
http://tragic-planet.com/Other/SketchBatgirl.jpg
Also, I was recently a guest on The One Piece Podcast! Yep, a podcast dedicated to one of my favorite manga series, One Piece!  My interview is 1hr 16min into the show.  We talk about my history with the series, and there's quite a lot of talk about my work, covering some influences and ideas behind Mermin and also what's coming up with Mermin Book 3: Deep Dive (coming this Fall!).  All the One Piece talk is in pretty general terms, for the most part, so I wouldn't say it's completely out of the question for someone who isn't familiar with the series, or totally caught-up, to listen.  Although, I did drop a pretty big recent spoiler, so you've been warned.  Of course, if you're far enough behind, it probably won't even register, and you'll be safe!

As you can see on that link to their site, they have several segments.  I also appeared on the Intro, Manga Recap, Piece Together (fan Q&A), and To Be Continued segments, so if you're a fan of One Piece, and up-to-date with the manga as it's serialized in Shonen Jump, you should check those out too!  Anyway, it was a lot of fun to be on that show.  Thanks to the OPP crew for inviting me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home