Thursday, September 25, 2014

Mermin Fall Schedule + Website Update

Mermin Book 3: Deep Dive is in stores now, and I have a few events coming up this Fall!
Oct 3, Little Shop of Stories Atlanta, GA - I'll be giving a short presentation where I show you how I draw some of the characters in Mermin, and ask you to draw some Mer-people yourself!  There will be a signing afterwards and it should be fun, so if you're in the Decatur/Atlanta, GA area come check it out!

Oct 25, Acme Superstore Orlando, FL - Celebrate the brand new Mermin Trick or Treat! special for Halloween ComicFest with me at this Florida store.  From what I've heard this store is HUGE and they do a big event for Halloween ComicFest every year.  If you're in the area, please stop by and you can get a new seasonal Mermin comic, signed of course!

Nov 14, Avid Bookshop Athens, GA - I will be speaking about my work, influences, and process, followed by a drawing demonstration and the draw-your-own-Mer-person activity.  This is the perfect opportunity for those in Athens who missed me at Bizarro Wuxtry to catch up on Mermin and get their books signed!  There's already a Facebook Event for this, so add it now and invite your friends!
I've also updated my site a bit, especially in the About section.  I've added SpongeBob Comics #34-36 to the list of Anthology Contributions.  Under Reviews I've added Panel Patter's look at the first 3 Mermin books.  I love a lot of things about this review.  About Mermin 3 they say:
Part of what makes Weiser so much fun as a creator is that no matter his subject, he always gives it a sense of wit and whimsy, and we still get that in Mermin, even as things start to look bad.
I've done a few Interviews recently which I've added to the About page as well.  I was a guest on FPM Play, a podcast hosted by an 8-year-old, and I was interviewed for an article in the University of Georgia's newspaper, The Red & Black.

So take a look at those interviews and reviews and whatnot if you'd like, and keep an eye out for Mermin and SpongeBob Comics in your local comic shop, bookstore, etc.  I'll see you this Fall!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home