Monday, August 29, 2011

SPX 2011, MONSTER ISLE + MERMIN

The Small Press Expo aka SPX is in two weeks (Sept 10 & 11), and I will be there! Click the map above to see a larger illustration of where I will be. I'll be sharing tables H1-3b with Drew Weing, David Mack, David Yoder and Adam Aylard. All excellent cartoonists, come by and get one of everything they have to sell! We'll be right next to Tugboat Press, who is right across from Top Shelf. Shouldn't be too hard to find!

As noted on the SPX website, I will be debuting the first ever Monster Isle mini-comic, MONSTER ISLE: BIG MONSTER STUFF!
How do giant monsters spend their days when they aren’t destroying the nearest metropolis? MONSTER ISLE: BIG MONSTER STUFF is the first mini-comic collecting strips from Joey Weiser’s ongoing webcomic MONSTER ISLE. Spend time with kaiju-inspired creatures during their day-to-day life, and you’ll see puppets, dancing, rafts of questionable quality, beard-growing doppelgangers, and more! www.tragic-planet.com

Publisher: Self-Published Mini-Comic
Details: 20 Pages, Full-Color
Price: $4
Monster Isle mini-comics will be limited items. There will only be 1 or 2 printings (a second printing only to accommodate the first batch of orders after the book goes on sale online). Since all of Monster Isle is available online, that is where it will live primarily. After SPX, Big Monster Stuff will be for sale at my online store, so keep an eye out for that if you aren't able to make it to the show.

I also wanted to take this time to make a quick note regarding Mermin. I've been getting asked when the next issue of Mermin will come out. I want to apologize to any of you out there who have read the first 5 issues, and are eagerly awaiting issue 6. It looks like it might be some time before you are able to see the little aquatic kid's adventures continue. However, I want to assure everyone that I have been working on Mermin, and I think you'll be excited to see what I've been doing. I'll leave it at that for now. Again, sorry for the delay, but more Mermin is coming!

Anyway, I'll have Mermin issues 1-5, Monster Isle: Big Monster Stuff, The Ride Home, Tales of Unusual Circumstance, and Cavemen in Space at SPX, so please come by, say "hello" and pick up a book or two if you'd like! See you in Maryland!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home