Friday, January 7, 2011

2010/2011 Stuff

As the year came to an end, a couple mentions of my work came up at Panel Patter!

Cavemen in Space was given a full review:
I absolutely adore the cover to this comic, as the idea that a caveman would still keep a pelt on his back, even in the vacuum of space amuses me to no end. Weiser's illustrations remain as good as ever, with each character having a distinctive look and feel that reflects their personality.
Then he included Mermin in his 10 Favorites of 2010:
I've been enjoying Joey Weiser's comics for several years now, and his first(?) foray into an ongoing series might be his best work so far.
Well, 2011 has begun and I am already hard at work! I'm putting the finishing touches on Mermin Issue 5 which will be out at the end of this month, or early February at the latest. I took a blurry photo of the cover with my phone if you'd like to take a peek!

Over at Robot 6, I took part in a 2010/2011 analysis with several other cartoonists and industry types. Down by my contribution you can see a preview panel from Mermin 5!

Also, Lunch Lady and the Bake Sale Bandit, a book by Jarrett Krosoczka which I colored and toned is now available! We're working hard on the next volume, so keep an eye out for that later this year!

Finally, while we're looking ahead a bit, I don't remember if I mentioned on this at all that new SpongeBob Squarepants comics are coming from Bongo this year! This Bleeding Cool article names me as one of the contributors alongside James Kochalka and Graham Annable and others! I've written a few short comics which will be illustrated by other cartoonists. I'm not sure which issues my comics will be in, but I'll be sure to mention it when they come out!

I think that's basically it for now! Look forward to seeing tons more comics from me in 2011!

2 Comments:

Blogger Rob McMonigal said...

I think Spongebob is a perfect subject for you. Can't wait to see it!

January 7, 2011 at 11:19 PM  
Anonymous Joey said...

Thanks! Nicktoons definitely had a huge effect on my development as a cartoonist early on. Spongebob was a little too late for me (more my younger sister's generation) but I was always aware that it was a good show. Caught up on a bunch on Netflix before I started writing SB comics, and I'm having a ton of fun with it!

January 11, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home